Saturday, May 29, 2010

Lemon CHK

So I've been trying my best to cook new things and not just the same stuff if you know what I mean. I prayed for a husband that can cook (Nick is awesome at cooking) and I am finally getting the hang of it! It is turning into something fun for me! Here is a dish that I made which was inspired from working at Johnny Carino's. This was one of the choices we had served at our wedding. I'll have to say that mine and Nick's opinion, thought it tasted pretty similar to JC!

Lindsey, I know you will appreciate this :)

I did it all from scratch and have home grown basil so you are welcome to pat me on the back :D.

Here is the recipe:

You can make your own Italian Dressing or you can buy one.
Squeeze three lemons into the dressing
Add about 5 or 6 tablespoons of fresh basil...yum!

I used spaghetti but I think it is better with angel hair.
Dice roma tomatoes and add when pasta is al' dente
Add left over dressing for the chicken to the pasta.

There you go!!! SUPER EASY AND SO GOOD! :)

Enjoy!






1 comment:

  1. I am impressed! I was just whining (again) tonight about how much I hate cooking and that my creativity seems to be limited to things dealing with fabric. It is just not my cup of tea. When my rosemary comes in, which is should probably water one of these days, I'll try to remember this and fix it myself!

    ReplyDelete